Whether you have to find time around your already busy schedule to prepare and make Thanksgiving dinner, or you just simply love cooking with your crock pot, there are several meals you can make this year for your holiday. Try any of these recipes to get your dinner started!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 6 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Combine broth and eggs.
- Add to bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.