Skin & Tonic: Lemonade Facial Scrub
Okay, I think it’s safe to say that winter is officially here! Though I love thick, snuggly cashmere sweaters and cute ear muffs, what I am not looking forward to is the dull, flaky, dry skin that comes with the season. It’s time to create a yummy potion to rescue your skin that is soon to have the winter blues.
The natural combination of lemon and sugar is not only good to your taste buds, it also supports hydration of the skin and gives you that dewy summer glow that you love.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice lemon and squeeze two halves into a bowl (remove seeds).
- Add sugar and honey.
- Stir well to form a medium-thick consistency.
- Massage a tablespoon of olive oil into your skin to protect from the sugar exfoliant.
- Apply the complete mixture to your face in circular motions. Be gentle and steer clear of your eyes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse skin with cool water, pat dry and apply a thick moisturizer for an extra glow.
- If you have leftovers, feel free to use it on your hands and feet for a quick buff and glow!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Rest up! This mask is best done before bed. The lemon will make your skin very sensitive to light. The olive oil will replenish the skin with moisture and act as an anti-inflammatory agent for the skin. The honey is a natural humectant and while you rest will draw moisture into your freshly cleansed skin.
For more DIY beauty, visit KissTheChaos.com and follow me on Instagram: @Ooolala_laa.