We all know the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but the same can be said for a woman! What better way to show the special woman in your life how much she means to you on Mother’s Day than preparing a tasty sweet treat, all while keeping things healthy.
Here are a few recipes that can help you get started on a special Mother’s Day treat!
Brownie Batter Pancakes
(Serving size 6-8 silver-dollar pancakes)
- 1/4 cup spelt, white, or ap of flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dutch cocoa (Note: You can substitute this for regular cocoa, but I haven’t tried it in this recipe and therefore can’t personally vouch for the taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (Note: I use 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp applesauce, as I don’t like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp milk of choice
Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes!
Vegan Raspberry Marzipan Muffins
- 6 tbsp flour (Note” I use 60g spelt or ww pastry)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp veg oil or coconut oil (Note: You can substitute this with applesauce if you like the taste of fat-free muffins)
- 3 tbsp liquid (eg. almond milk)
- 1/4 cup chopped (or smushed) raspberries
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
Sweetener (Note: If making these for others, I’d use 2 to 2 and 1/2 tbsp of sugar or 2 packets of stevia. Or, if you want to use liquid sweetener, cut back on the other liquids some.)
Directions: Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. Mix the ingredients and pour them into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth the top of the