Also known as haldi doodh, golden milk is touted for its healing, anti-inflammatory properties largely thanks to curcumin found in turmeric.
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for conditions such as breathing problems, joint pain, fatigue, digestive issues, and more.
Some key benefits of turmeric milk are:
– Ingredients Are Loaded With Antioxidants
– Can Help Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain
– Can Improve Memory and Brain Function
– Has been known to Improve Mood
– Protects Against Heart Disease
– Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
– Been found to Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
– Has Antibacterial, Antiviral and Antifungal Properties
Modern research also suggests that turmeric is even more potent than seven prescription drugs on the market right now.
It’s easy, it’s dairy-free milk, it’s naturally sweetened, incredibly healthy, and so delicious. Plus, it’s ready in only 5 minutes!
1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 whole cinnamon stick (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 pinch ground black pepper
Sweetener of choice (i.e. maple syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia to taste)
To a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, coconut oil, black pepper, and