… close contact with people who are sick
If you’re sick you can help protect others:
– Stay home when you are sick
– Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
– Avoid sharing cups and eating utensils with others
– Refrain from kissing others
– Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom
– Frequent handwashing is especially important in childcare settings and healthcare facilities.
Maintain proper chlorine levels to prevent outbreaks
Adenoviruses are resistant to many common disinfectant products and can remain infectious for long periods on surfaces and objects. It is important to keep adequate levels of chlorine in swimming pools to prevent outbreaks of conjunctivitis caused by adenoviruses.