Bean Soup With Kale
Prep/Cook Time: 22 Min.
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 cups raw kale, chopped (be sure to remove the spiny sections; there won’t be many, but those that remain will be tough)
4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, undrained, split
2 (15 ounce) cans sliced carrots, undrained
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
1 cup chopped parsley
Shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Add in the garlic and onion, sautéing them until they are slightly transparent.
- After washing the kale, saute for about 15 min. until it’s a bright emerald green.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, 2 cups of the beans, all of the carrots, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the soup to thicken it nicely.
- Simmer 15 more minutes.
- When ready to serve, place in bowls and sprinkle chopped parsley and shredded parmesan on top.
- Best served with a slice of bread.
For more great bean recipes for your hair, go to KissTheChaos.com.