Need A Fun, Healthy Lunch On The Go?
Research shows that people who eat lunch at restaurants every day spend roughly $2,500 each year. That’s a lot of cash — and a very unhealthy eating habit.
Truthfully, packing your lunch does require some planning and effort, but there’s one tool that can make lunch fun (and healthy) again: Mason Jars!
Check out these recipes, which are all under 400 calories:
Chicken Taco Salad
Prep Time: 6 min
4 whole 12-ounce mason jars
2 whole chicken breasts (grilled or poached)
1 cup black beans (canned)
1 cup corn (canned)
1 cup tomatoes (diced)
1 cup romaine lettuce (chopped)
Dressing: Choose your own creamy, low fat dressing (2 tbps)
Assemble each mason jar in the following order:
- First (bottom) layer: dressing
- Second layer: 1/4 cup corn
- Third layer: 1/4 cup black beans
- Fourth layer: 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Fifth layer: 1/2 cup chicken
- Sixth (top) layer: 1/4 cup romaine lettuce