5 Slimming Superfood Smoothies
Forget your go-to strawberry and banana smoothie combo and sip on something healthy AND exciting this summer! Thanks to antioxidant-rich berries, nuts and green tea, these five recipes are packed with superfood power. Drink up!
To Make: In the order listed, place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. If you are using frozen fruit instead of fresh, only use 3/4 cup of ice.
1. Berry-Cherry Chiller
– 1 cup ice cubes
– 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
– 1/2 cup pitted and halved cherries
– 1/2 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
– 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
– 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract–
Sip Tip: Pure vanilla extract has less calories than flavored syrup, so try not to substitute.