Hairstylists are frustrated for a number of reasons but mostly because a lot of women are doing things to their hair that just aren’t beneficial.
I decided to hit the social media streets to find out 10 things hairstylists would like us all to stop doing to our hair…NOW!
Nikita Gibson, Joire’s Spa & Studio
IG: @Nikita__G2. “At-home haircuts and trims!!”
Brittny, Muse Textures Salon
2. “Stop self-diagnosing hair damage. Seek a professional natural hairstylist and respect their opinion.”
Fawne Smith, Salon Noa
3. “Stop with the coconut oil and Shea butter. A quality hair product costs more than $10 and an excellent stylist will charge accordingly.”
**Sort of like the $200 sneakers that only cost $2 to make, right?
4. “Lay off the grease, please! You’re clogging your hair follicles; they need to breathe!”
IG: @Ynotkeeb, YouTube:Ynotkeeb
5. “Stop thinking that finger detangling = detangling. Please use a wide toothcomb. Contrary to popular belief, it will not rip your hair out. Don’t ask me why your hair is breaking off or splitting if you haven’t trimmed your hair in 1.5 years. I got’s no sympathy and nothing but real tough love.”
Daria, Chicago Curl Collective
6. “Stop advising stylists from tips you got from YouTube…Great tutorials but