2 tablespoons thyme
½ teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper. Place oil in a sauté pan or cast iron skillet over moderate heat. Place chicken in the pan and sear/cook for two to three minutes on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add white wine and let reduce until almost gone. Add chicken stock, mustard, thyme, celery seed and black pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees and or the juice runs clear.
- Check seasoning and serve.
For more healthy recipes, visit the BlackDoctor.org Healthy Weight Loss center.