1. Know Your Position
It’s important to know where your waist beads are sitting.
If you want to use them for weight and waist control be sure to position them around your stomach and not just on top of your hips. They may look sexy on your hips, but they are doing nothing for your weight control. It’s also important to take them off at night
2. Know When To Eat
Even though you may feel that tight fit of your waist beads on days that you are heavier, it’s important to not stop eating altogether–just change what you’re eating.
When those waist beads tighten be sure to eat foods that will help flush out your kidneys and help you go to the bathroom on a regular basis (carrots, celery, juice blends, etc).
That will help get rid of the excess weight you may feel around your waist. Also, stay away from salty foods when that happens because that will store more water weight than you need.
3. Know The Feeling
They’re waist beads so enjoy them! Utilizing your waist beads as a fun tool to attract/tease your lover is a great exercise for your mid-section (think belly dance moves).
Also, throughout the day, don’t be afraid to contract and expand your stomach to work your stomach muscles. A good method for those who sit most of the day is to sit straight up and tighten your waist for a total of 5 minutes, then relax for two. Do this 4 times then repeat the whole exercise at least 3 times a day.
How to pick the right waist beads
If you are interested in trying waist beads out, there are lots of styles and colors to choose from. If you aren’t sure which waist beads to buy, here’s a tip: each color has a different meaning:
- Blue: healing, harmony, insight, truth
- Brown: earth, stability
- Green: prosperity, fertility, abundance, hope, healing
- Purple: spirituality, wisdom, royalty
- Red: vitality, passion, bravery, confidence
- White: light, truth, purity
- Yellow: wisdom, clarity, awareness, energy, joy
If you want to add stones and charms to your waist beads, those also have specific meanings:
- Evil eye: protection against negativity
- Green aventurine: luck, prosperity, wealth
- Hamsa: protection against evil or bad luck
- Lapis lazuli: peace, wisdom, truth, insight
- Quartz: clarity, amplifies other crystals
- Rose quartz: love, compassion, healing
There you have it: beauty and history combined allowing all of us to define and embrace our curves.
For more information on shrinking your waist, click here.