Lobster & Corn Chowder With Garlic Bread [VIDEO]
The only real difference between soup and chowder is that chowder usually indicates a soup that is rich and creamy with chunks of seafood and vegetables. That along with where it originated (in the Northeast). But you don’t have to worry about all of that with this recipe. Just get your pot, your ingredients, and get ready to eat something amazing! Here you go.
– 1 cup of double smoked bacon, chopped
– 1 whole onion, chopped
– 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
– 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper
– 1/4 cup of good rum
– 4 cups of water
– 2 teaspoons of lobster base
– 4 cups of frozen corn
– 1 pint of heavy cream
– 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons of cold water
– salt and pepper to taste
– cilantro oil, for garnish (recipe to follow)–
1. In a large pot, saute the bacon and onion until the onion is translucent.