Are you looking for glute stretches to help you get in shape for summer? Here are three to get you started.
Squats Are One of the Best Glute Stretches
The squat is the king of all exercises.
Without a doubt, squats are one of the best butt toning exercises. The squat utilizes the glutes, also known as the butt, to a great degree.
This is important because the gluteus maximus is the largest single muscle of the body. You need to stimulate it effectively in order to promote muscle growth and fat loss.
Also, squats strengthen the lower back and core.
Here’s how to perform a bodyweight squat:
1. Stand with a shoulder-width stance.
2. Hold your hands straight in front of you.
3. Drive your hips back and bend your legs 90 degrees.
4. Push through your heels and extend your legs.
5. Repeat the movement 15-20 times.
- Keep your spine neutral by looking straight ahead.
- Keep your core tight by sucking in your belly.
- Remember to always drive through your heels to ensure you’re using your glutes.
- Rest about 1 to 2 minutes between sets.
- Make sure to warm up before doing this exercise.
- Shoes with a flat sole are optimal for this movement as it allows to to transfer power from your glutes more efficiently.
WATCH a video demo:
Don’t Forget About Lunges
Lunges are great for toning your butt and quads. It also strengthens the hamstrings and reinforces the core. Done correctly, lunges are extremely safe and effective. To perform a lunge:
1. Stand with your feet close to each other.
2. Keep your head and chest up.
3. Keep your hands to your sides.
4. Take a large step forward with one leg. Stop when your knee at at a 90 degree angle.
5. Using your front leg, push through your heels and rise until your legs are extended.
6. Repeat the movement 15-20 times.
Charlene Rhinehart <[email protected]>
Oct 9, 2020, 8:37 AM