#WeSeeYou: Woman Finds Weight Loss Success Through Motivation
#WeSeeYou is BlackDoctor.org’s weekly feature where we highlight a person or group doing something great in health that needs to be shared with the world. This week, we highlight the one and only Keish from Instgram!
Keish has been motivating a generation of people with her weight loss for over a year. By sharing her pictures and stories of journey to health after giving birth, her over 60,000 fans are able to see her growth. With a knowledgeable background and personal struggle, Keish created Motiweightion, a website that shares her personal experiences and exposes the many obstacles that one can face when attaining health & fitness goals.
According to the site, Motiweightion was created to offer inspiration, motivation and education while documenting Keisha’s personal lifestyle.
Day after day and month after month, Keish gives to her followers the fifts of knowledge that she learned and is still learning along the journey to a healthier life. One thing that people love about her is that she doesn’t hold back and “tells it like it is.”
In one instagram post, she shares, “It’s been 5 years since beginning my journey. I’ve lost my weight by engaging in intense fitness & eating healthy. I’ve listed 5 tips I use(d) to shed unwanted body fat over the years without waist training, surgeries, pills, nada!”
1. I drink plenty of water with lemon on a daily basis.
2. I eat clean (indulging in moderation on the weekends), and I eat frequently (every 2-3 hours) which works to my advantage because I love to eat. Lol…
3. I incorporate both cardio (HIIT) and lift heavy weights (3x per wk), at least.
4. I surround myself around those that share like goals because they better understand my goals and perspectives. They are always there to encourage and inspire me (thank y’all) to continue pushing towards my wellness goals.
5. Remain consistent despite the challenges. I’ve learned that when I face challenging moments, that’s when change occurs. Never give up!
Keish even shares her diet that keeps her energy up:
PROTEINS – fish, chicken, tuna, lean beef, ground turkey, whey protein and egg whites
CARBS – berries, grapefruit, sweet potato, almonds, brown rice and oatmeal
FATS – olive oil, coconut oil, avocados and